There are two main types teeth straightening methods: conventional metal braces and Invisalign. While traditional braces are still used and can be effective, Invisalign is becoming an increasingly popular dental procedure for straightening teeth due to the outstanding level of convenience, comfort and confidence it brings.
We can now permanently correct misaligned teeth without having to deal with all those drawbacks of traditional braces. Now there is a revolutionizing device that can be placed over the teeth and removed at any time during the day. This modern device is made of smooth, virtually invisible plastic and does not come with any side effects. Wearing these aligners will gently shift your teeth into place, gradually and permanently.
Some Of The Most Obvious Benefits:
- Practically Invisible: one of the biggest benefits of this modern procedure is that most people will not even realize you are straightening your teeth. This was a huge disadvantage for people who had to wear braces, as they felt judged and were unable to enjoy life and live each day at its fullest. Traditional braces were a constant source of embarrassment and anxiety. However, with this modern device you will not have to deal with that embarrassment anymore, because no one will ever judge you again.
- Eat Whatever you Wish: while traditional braces would not allow you to eat foods like candy, popcorn or chewing gum, this new technology lets you eat enjoy all these tasty foods. This revolutionizing device protects your teeth and straightens them without any sacrifice from you.
- Enhanced Appearance: metal braces can make you look unattractive, especially when you eat or talk. Most people will certainly notice the awkward chunks of metal on top of your teeth. Not to mention the chunks of food that might get stuck between your teeth without you knowing. On the other hand, invisible braces are barely noticeable, which means your appearance will be the same. Moreover, there is no danger to have chunks of food stuck between your teeth, because you have your teeth encompassed in a protective layer of plastic.
- Improved Comfort: once the doctor attaches you metal braces, you can’t remove them until the specialist decides to remove them. In other words, you have no control over this aspect of your life. However, this device can easily be removed by you. For instance, if you want to eat, drink, or you simply want to wash your teeth, you can remove the braces for brief periods of time. In other words, you are in control.
- Reduced Damage to Gums and Teeth: most conventional braces are made using dangerous metal and wire. These metal bits can easily scratch and puncture your gums, leading to unnecessary gum damage and pain. Invisible braces are comfortable and very smooth. They do not have any protruding or sharp edges. Nevertheless, these modern devices use a great amount of force to straighten your teeth.
- Work Much Faster: This dental treatment can straighten your teeth much faster than regular braces. With metal braces, the treatment can take anywhere from 3 to 5 years. Conversely, with this new technology you can expect at a treatment of less than one year. All this is due to the high-tech materials used to manufacture this device and thanks to the technological advancements in the medical industry.
- Fever Visits to the Dentist: lastly, with this treatment you won’t have to visit your dentist so often. This means less time and money spent and no more stress. Traditional braces require regular visits to the dentist for check up, correction and tightening. Sometimes you even need intensive treatment or throughout cleansing. On the other hand, with these straighteners you will only have to visit your dentist or orthodontist once every six weeks.
The Bottom Line
Invisalign is a great orthodontic solution for both adults and children who want to enjoy a perfect smile without having to experience the drawbacks of wearing braces or going through cosmetic dentistry. Book your free consultation with us today to find out if it is a fit for you!